Friday, October 19, 2007

chauvinism and cigarettes...


when men were men...

"The other night I took her on- out of pity -and what do you think the crazy bitch had done to herself? she had shaved it clean... not a speck of hair on it. did you ever have a woman who shaved her twat? it's repulsive, ain't it? And it's funny, too. Sort of mad like. It doesn't look like a twat anymore; it's like a dead clam or something." He describes to me how, his curiosity aroused, he got out of bed and searched for his flashlight. "I made her hold it open and I trained the flashlight on it. You should have seen me... it was comical. I got so worked up about it that I forgot all about her. I never in my life looked at a cunt so seriously. You'd imagine I'd never seen one before. And the more I looked at it the less interesting it became. It only goes to show you there's nothing to it after all, especially when it is shaved. It's the hair that makes it mysterious. That's why a statue leave you cold. Only once I saw a real cunt on a statue-that was by Rodin. You ought to see it some time... she has her legs spread wide apart... I don't think there was any head on it. Just a cunt you might say. Jesus, it looked ghastly. The thing is this-they all look alike (pink on the inside?). When you look at them with their clothes on you imagine all sorts of things: you give them an individuality like, which they haven't got, of course. There's just a crack there between the legs and you get all steamed up about it-you don't even look at it half the time. You know it's there and all you think about is getting your ramrod inside; it's as though your penis did the thinking for you. It's an illusion! You get all burned about nothing... about a crack with hair on it. it's so absolutely meaningless that it fascinated me to look at it. I must have studied it for ten minutes or more. When you look at it that way, sort of detached like, you get funny notions in your head. All that mystery about sex and then you discover that it's nothing-just a blank. Wouldn't it be funny if you found a harmonica inside... or a calender? But there's nothing there...nothing at all. It's disgusting. It almost drove me mad... Listen, do you know what I did afterwards? I gave her a quick lay and then turned my back on her. Yeah, I picked up a book and I read. You can get something out of a book, even a bad book... but a cunt, it's just sheer loss of time..."

truer words have never been spoken.

thanks to my guest henry miller.
and thanks to you...
you know who you are...

No comments: